I specialize in special orders and commissioned pieces!
Browse through my photo gallery and choose the style of tree you wish to have or from the examples below. You can then pick the colors you wish to have, both for the trunk and branches as well as the foliage and blossoms. Be creative!
You can also submit a photo or drawing of a tree to me that you would like to have "replicated" and I will recreate it in an artistic kind of way, with the goal to reflect it's personality and look as close to the real thing as possible.
Please keep in mind that the typical full wire tree will take anywhere between 10-12 hours to make since they are hand-twisted from beginning to end. A lead of 10 days is preferred. Keep in mind you will then need to add days for shipping!
If you are requesting one of my custom wire and clay trees those take over 15 hours of time to create, depending on complexity and mediums used, thus at least 2 weeks is necessary. Then add the shipping time as well.
For all commissioned work please contact me directly to make the request, using this page as a guide for what you are looking for. You can always call to discuss as well.
"Emerald Cascade" - shipped to it's new home in snow country
Trunk is bowed with one side having more foliage than another, weighting it towards the earth.
Slight bend/curve in the trunk and branches with slightly more weight to one side.
Firm trunk with all branches reaching skyward with foliage and blossoms only at the top.
Very curvy trunk and branches with majority of foliage on one side of the tree.
Slight bow in trunk but other branches are relatively straight and supported.
Trunk is straight with branches evenly distributed on each side and top.
Medium and large Bonsai Trees are typically between 8-12" tall and hand-twisted using 20-gauge colored aluminum wire.
· From start to finish it typically takes 8 to 10 hours or more to create one tree.
· 200 to 410 feet of wire is used in creating one medium-sized tree.
· The “blossoms” on every tree will typically use 2 to 3 feet of wire for each blossom.
· A medium-sized tree will have 50 -75 blossoms equaling 100 to 225 feet of wire per tree, just for the blossoms.
· Blossoms are individually attached to branches & trunk, eventually ending with an elaborate root system.
· Trees are attached to a handmade “rock” of clay, custom colored polymer clay or both.
· Colors used in & on the “rock” accent the tree & include metallic acrylic paint & 1-2 coats of gloss varnish applied for protection.
· The tree & “rock” are placed in a ceramic pot & surrounded by crushed rocks or stones.
· Each tree is truly one of a kind!
Miniature & Nano Bonsai Trees are under 6" tall and hand-twisted using 20-gauge colored aluminum wire.
· Each miniature & nano tree is made with 25 to 75 feet of wire!
· Some of the trees will have glass, crystal or metallic beads added to their blossoms.
· Trees are attached to a handmade “rock” of clay or custom colored polymer clay.
· Colors used in & on the “rock” accent the tree & may include metallic acrylic paint. 1-2 coats of varnish are then applied for protection.
· The tree & “rock” are attached to a pedestal or placed in a ceramic pot & surrounded by polished stones.
· Each tree is one of a kind!
Hand-twisted dragonflies with beaded eyes are "fossilized" into an imperfect hand-rolled clay disc that has either scented coffee or tea added to it for texture and aroma. It is then dried, sanded & sealed, ready to be hung on your favorite porch, rear-view mirror or anywhere you'd like to bring the essence of a dragonfly with you!
These are available on-line in the Fall and Winter but can be commissioned any time of the year
Yellow-green, purple, copper, black, gold,
red, lt purple, deep blue, brown, silver,
green, pink, turquois, lime, lt blue, orange
Trees will vary in size, depending on the style. The height for a partial cascade will be shorter than the trees with less bend, etc. Each small/medium to large tree takes anywhere between 250 and 420 feet of aluminum wire, again depending on the style. The height for this amount of wire will be 8" to 12" with a width between 8" and 12". Do you have any required dimensions to fit perfectly on your favorite table or bookcase?
These trees are very flexible yet fragile so must be packaged and shipped with great care. Each tree will have it's own individual box custom made in which each sculpture will be secured. That box will then be placed inside a shipping box. By removing the shipping material and tape it should be ready to put on display without any adjustments to the wire. If there are any issues when it arrives contact us ASAP! Please refer to "Unpacking Your Tree" for tips on safely removing it from the packaging.
* Shipping typically takes 5-10 days, and on the longer side during the holiday season. Expedited shipping is available at an additional cost.
When will my custom made wire art creation be done?
It takes approximately 3-5 days to make your creation (2 weeks for wire and clay sculptures). However, it could take longer depending on the number of current commissioned orders ahead of yours. Plan in advance it you are wishing to have a tree or ornament made as a holiday gift.
How long does it take to receive my custom order?
Depending on the time of the year, your order can be processed within 3-5 working days. It will normally then take and additional 5-10 working days for delivery but that will vary depending on whether it is a busy holiday season or not. Expedited shipping is available if desiring to pay the additional fee.